Monday, August 31, 2009

"The worst potato peel of all womankind"

I was floating in the tub last night trying to decide what pics to post from all my Summer activities. Thanks alot Amy! She posted this long and wonderful post the other day about all of her Summer activities so I figured I'd better do one too. Then I started thinking about my Aunt Janiel, my Moms sister, i'm sure you all heard that she took her life a couple weeks ago after fighting horrible depression for many, many years. Anyway, I started feeling bad thinking about how much we loved each others morbid sense of humor, and remembering that sometimes as I was blogging I would think to myself "Aunt Janiel is going to LOVE this" so, in honor of her and her love of all things gross. I give you this:


My evening was coming to a relaxing end a few days ago with a nice, hot soak in my tub....soo relaxing. UNTIL. I decide to get all crazy and actually shave my legs. A new fresh 3 blade razor sitting on the side of the tub. Doug walks by and sees my razor, opens his drawer, and gingerly sets a second razor next to the first one without saying a word. What an A-HOLE!

So I start the deed, fast and furious and then, it happens. You know the feeling "did I just..... ohhhhhh I'm not quite sure, but I think....should I look? okay......crap!...... i'm looking.....ohhhhhh it's all white........ maybe I just skimmed the surface?...ohkay, here comes the blood, and then....holy shit it's four inches long!!!!! Of course i have to do what we all do at that point....dunk it back in the hot water like an idiot. Not a good idea.

As my butt slowly unpuckers I get out & fix my leg with a high tech toilet paper skin graft bandage. I bump into Ash a few minutes later in the kitchen and I say "you should see the potato peel I just did". She didn't miss a beat. She instantly knew there were no vegetables involved. She says "oh no..let me see it". Then we proceed to oogle over it for about 10 minutes. So to make a long story short. Yes, I am going to post a pic of my disgusting shave cut.
I think I should win a prize. It is glorious and i'm sure it is the longest potato peel in history. Notice in the pic that one peice of my toilet paper skin graft has held up really well. It was days ago and it is still holding my leg together. Now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure the toilet paper has grown into my leg.


Oh, and check out my bitchin socks I wore to work today.


7 comments:

Brittany and Casey said...

I'll just say I sure am glad you didn't teach me how to shave. :)
That sucks

SQUIER FAMILY BLOG said...

Heeee, heeee, heee, heee! crying with laughter as Im sure aunt Janiel would be too! That just goes to show ya, just don't shave!
Like the music

Sharstin said...

Janiel would have loved it! too funny! way to rock those socks!

Loran said...

OMG you don't post forEVer and it's about the worst shaving cut I have EVer seen in my entire life!

(PS, I didn't know about your aunt and I'm so sorry about your loss. She'll have to be smiling down on you from heaven.)

Henriefamily said...

I think you failed to finish the job! I can still see hair on your legs!!

KENZI'S BLOG! said...

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i have to say that is a very BIG potatoe peel!! hahahahhaha really though that sucks!

mamateena said...

slowwwww dowwwwnnnn! and get yourself a safety razor!!!